Friday, October 12, 2007

Clutterbusting...

I don't know about all (7) of you, but my house is always a disaster and it makes me crazy! My professional background includes training in LEAN. I love LEAN. LEAN is so common sense and wonderful that everyone should do it.

In my personal life, however, I can't seem to get it done. Clutter surrounds me. I can never find anything and it feels like I'm always either picking up after someone or , yes, even after myself. I can't seem to get, much less keep, a grip on the chaos.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I'll find a lovely prize for the winner!

3 comments:

Ian said...

Personally, I clean up clutter when I'm procrastinating and/or moody. I can't really do anything productive until my space is clean. Something about seeing mess go to organization makes me feel better. But that doesn't really help you, unless you want to procrastinate? Haha.

janiece said...

Oh hell, I've given up on cleaning around here. I just try to keep so I don't kill myself falling over stuff--particularly in the middle of the night or before I've had a cup of coffee. Lisa you know the equation: children=messy house and no $

Tal said...

I'm like Ian - but I can say that since I don't have kids and just a teeny kitty to clean up after.Oh, and the human tornado that is the bf.

I've been reading Real Simple magazine lately and getting all sorts of inspired.

One tip that works for us, and we use consistently (which is the key, of course): we have a dedicated basket for all of our electrical cords. The phone chargers, the ipod charger, the headphones etc. They all go in there and are there when we need them.

I'll need to think about this some more...