Saturday, October 20, 2007

Seven in '07 Update

1. Lose 70 lbs: Well, if losing the same 20 twice counts I'm halfway there! No. This was not a good year for the old diet, that's for sure. I am making a solemn vow today to begin again and hopefully drop 30 by the end of the year.
2. Run a 5K: Not yet, but I do still have time, don't I?
3. Find a Job with a future: Ah what a quandary! I have a job and I like it a lot, but I will always be dependent on the budget and the dreaded SEIs (Student Evaluation of Instruction) to keep it. I need a PhD to have a future in my job and I've already got too damn much student loan debt for my salary. An MBA in Western Wisconsin is worth less than $40K a year. It makes me want to throw up. Money's not everything, but everything costs money, you know?
4. Build a Nest Egg: Uhm... No. Not even close.
5. Develop Some Willpower and break some bad habits: Some, but alas! Not all.
6. Stop Being My Own Worst Enemy: Well, for the time being my worst enemy is the real estate market.
7. Take Hubby on a Vacation: This isn't going to happen. We've not had two days alone since he got back from Kuwait and we're not likely to anytime soon. We'd hoped to go to a friend's wedding in Jamaica next summer, but if our financial situation doesn't improve that won't happen. Neither will another adoption and that is beyond depressing.

2 comments:

Ian said...

20 lbs. is still awesome, by the way.

What's a nest egg?

Tal said...

It is awesome, and more than I've done btw.

I'm still rooting for you Lisa. Good things DO happen to good people.