Tuesday, November 27, 2007

This is what you get for "Prompt"ing me!

I'm not sure why, but I have access to an aspiring writer's forum. I think it goes without saying that unless you want an article about using Linkin Park to teach Supply Chain Management, I'm not ever getting paid to write anything. But I belong to this forum anyway and here was December's prompt:

Prompt #2: Your family isn't cooperating with your writing career, so you've decided to go on strike. Write a list of demands that must be met in order for you to return to your chores and household responsibilities. (Don't forget to make a concession or two to speed up the negotiation process.)

My reply:
This is what it will take for me to resume my role as Queen of my House:

1. [Shrek] must renounce the New York Yankees and swear Fealty to the Redskins as well as the Pack.

2. Sinistrum (a Die Hard Conservative) must vote Democrat in the 2008 election (I'll grant a waiver if that means voting for Hillary).

3. A new Mercedes a day for a year.

4. A good check deposited into my account (that would be certified funds in Euros) for an amount equivalent to the U.S. National Debt.

Take that!

I am conceding, of course, that my son can still be loyal to the Packers.

If you're curious about how "In the End" becomes a supply chain lesson, drop a comment and I'll 'splain everything.

1 comments:

Tal said...

Well, explaining it should be good for a post, right? :p